Mother's Day Breakfast !

Have you every wondered about the different kinds of breakfasts the world is having?  I know there are places in the world where breakfast is not much different from other meals of the day like for instance in Japan - steamed rice, fish, tofu, seaweed, raw egg........but no I was not thinking that far away......

I was sitting here on Mother's Day morning wondering what I would like for breakfast and found myself thinking of breakfast in terms of styles for example:  do I want English, French, or Aussie (Byron Bay) style breakfast?

English.....??? no thanks - fry ups not my favourite..........
French......??? well yeah - I love croissants, I love coffee, and I love yoghurt..... hmmm??? maybe
Aussie....??? just love Byron Bay for the variety of breakfasts - from organic muesli with yoghurt to smoked salmon bagels to roasted vegetables with goats cheese dripping with pesto olive oil on toasted turkish...... am I drooling.... the best place to eat in Byron "Espresso Head".... anyway am not there so stop dreaming...

So for Mother's Day breakfast - and of course my kids are in Australia... so it's a weird day... just my husband and  I - so we decided croissants would be perfect........ local shop hadn't baked them yet..... WTF!  they are so slack on a Sunday.... a person could die from starvation waiting for a croissant.......  a drive into Canterbury....... breakfast in Patisserie Valerie....

Grilled croissant with Gruyere cheese bechamel and mushrooms with a side salad....... yum yum!!!! and a very large capuccino of course....... however didn't think to take a photo.......... so you will have to imagine it.... it was a huge croissant and very delicious.... and I couldn't eat it all....... so glad my husband was able to help finish it off........... and I managed to resist the patisseries afterwards........ so full.... so good!

Comments

Rough Puff Pastry

POPULAR POSTS