Eggplant Dip


aubergines, eggplants, dips, snacks,

This is my style of eggplant dip - over the years have tried a variety of eggplant dips but this simple version appeals to my taste and being a lazy cook I am sticking to it.

I am a big fan of GARLIC so I will always go for more garlic rather than less but if you prefer a more subtle flavour try roasting your garlic first - the flavour will still be there just doesn't have the sharp taste of raw garlic.

I simply love Tahini (sesame seed paste) and prefer the unhulled version - it is just perfect on rice cakes with a bit of honey SIMPLY DELICIOUS!

Anyway back to the recipe for my eggplant dip.

Ingredients:

2 medium  or 1 large eggplant
2-3 cloves garlic
Juice of half small lemon
1-2 tablespoon unhulled tahini
Cumin
Smokey paprika
Salt, honey
Dried or fresh Parsley
1 tablespoon Olive oil

aubergines, eggplants, dips, snacks,


Method:

Place your eggplant on a baking dish and place in moderately hot oven 180C for 45-60 mins.

Allow eggplant to cool before you make your dip, I usually roast my eggplant a day or two before I make the dip.  After roasting let cool then place in airtight container and place in the fridge.

Break open the skin of the eggplant, and take out the flesh with a spoon, throw away the skin.

Place all ingredients into a blender and whizz for a few minutes until all ingredients are blended.

Taste, if it needs more tahini or lemon add now and also adjust the seasonings to your taste.

If you like it hot before serving sprinkle with some chilli powder.

Serve with fresh pitta bread, or toasted pitta bread, or thin Ryvita crackers, or better still with celery and carrot stick. Very yummy and delicious!

Can be kept in fridge in airtight container for 3-4 days.

Enjoy!

aubergines, eggplants, dips, snacks,


Comments

Rough Puff Pastry

POPULAR POSTS